inPrint's Official Statement in regards to COVID-19 Outbreak
March 17, 2020 UPDATE: In light of the declaration of a state of emergency in Ontario, inPrint will be closing its studio doors to the public until April 5th. We have rescheduled our Cyanotypes workshop for May 28th, and will pay close attention to how COVID-19 containment progresses before we make a decision on April workshops, which are on the later end of the month.
March 14, 2020.
Hello there, fellow printmakers and art supporters!
Like everyone else out there, inPrint has been closely monitoring the announcements and guidelines released by The Public Health Agency of Canada (locally), as well as the WHO & CDC.
We are a small collective that will be impacted by the important measures to contain the outbreak, but we also take our community’s health very seriously in our space.
To that note, we are opting to not host any large receptions or community-based events in our space while schools are shut down. We will still however maintain our Saturday hours, and will still be hosting our small workshops, should registration hold, as the virus is not being spread locally in Toronto. This may change as we see how the virus containment works out.
These are the precautions inPrint is taking in our studio for workshops:
1. Registration is capped at 6 people. This will allow for registrants to maintain healthy distances during the workshops while in the space. InPrint also only runs a max of two workshops a month in the space at the moment.
2. The studio has always been stocked with soap and hand sanitizer and we will remain stocked with these supplies. We will advise participants to wash their hands carefully before and after workshops.
3. All tools and surfaces including tables, door knobs and handles will be carefully cleaned before and after workshops. We already maintain a clean studio, and we will be consulting the appropriate agencies on guidelines for best products to use and will switch accordingly.
4. No collective members are currently set to travel out of the country in the near future.
As we continue to monitor the situation, we will consider rebooking our workshops and inform registrants of the measure asap but for now, due to the importance of workshops to our sustainability, we will continue to host them.
Here are some safety protocols to help keep yourself and our community safe:
1. If you have symptoms or feeling ill, PLEASE stay home! If you have registered for a workshop, we will be happy to refund you.
2. If your immune system is compromised, please don’t feel compelled to come over for a visit, we understand.
3. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
4. Please avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
5. Refrain from close contact if possible: maybe swap out a Hug for an air high-five for now.
This has been and will continue to be a difficult time for a number of people, and it’s important that we remain kind during times of social distancing. Please ensure you're staying up to date on the facts from The Government of Canada and Health Canada and please visit here.
The inPrint Collective