Call for New Artist Member
Our motto has always been “Printmakers love company” and that’s exactly what we’re looking for! We are a feminist printmaking collective established in 2008 on the hunt for a new member to join us. We’re looking for a printmaker that brings a variety of experiences and perspectives to the group and who’s work/themes draw cohesive ties with our other members.
Our artist members are the cornerstone of our community printmaking studio opened in 2018 at 58 Wade Ave, right smack in an artistic hub, across from an Akin Collective Studio, down the street from Mercer Union and in the same neighbourhood as the newly opened MOCA.
As a collective we look to support one each other in our ongoing independent projects, work collaboratively when the mood strikes, execute community art projects, exhibitions and run and maintain our studio. We’re looking for someone who wants to join equally into our community, not just exhibit work or use our studio. Experience in social media, marketing and/or website upkeep at this time would be an asset, though not required, however a willingness to participate in the organizing and implementation of our projects is a must.
* $300/month studio rent
* Staff studio from 11am – 4pm one Saturday every 6 weeks in rotation with other members
Stocked studio with 24/7 access with equipment including
* Screen-printing storage, darkroom, exposure unit and washout
* Tabletop relief printing press
* Paper guillotine
* Mobile drying racks
* Small library of printmaking and art texts and books
* Laser printer
* Multiple stationary and mobile workstations
* Expected in 2019 – a restored Praga Litho printing press
* Ongoing retail opportunities to display and sell your work
* Participation in all inPrint exhibitions
* Opportunities for ongoing paid teaching and studio tech work
* Constant support, feedback and motivation from a talented group of artists who bring a professional critical and curatorial lens to contemporary art
We are an equal opportunity collective looking to be as accessible as possible with our limited resources. Please note – our community print studio is in a building only accessible up a handful of steps. We invite you to contact us to discuss if you require or are concerned about accessible accommodations.
Please contact us by March 1st, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your C.V. and photos of your work – or a link to your website containing that info and a short email about why you are interested in joining us. We will review applicants, respond, and invite those selected for a meeting with our current members. Looking to invite prospective members to join in April of 2019